Here at Source Park, our aim is to encourage people of all ages into BMX and Skate by providing a structured environment through our coaching programs. Through this, we believe that our participants develop invaluable skills such as balance, awareness, technique, equipment knowledge and the confidence to enjoy the Source Park independently.
If you are interested in our coaching programs and want to get involved, please read the details below of what we offer and how to apply or, give us a call on 07943 631084.
'EAGLES' BMX AND SKATEBOARDING COACHING
Eagles currently takes place on Mondays. This is our group coaching for both BMX and Skate aimed at participants aged from 3 - 16 (depending on ability). These 1 hour sessions run between 4pm and 8pm and are split into levels ranging from Level 1 (beginner) to Level 4. Participants will be offered a space onto the appropriate level, depending on their stage of readiness.
Eagles coaching is split into blocks of 4 - 6 weeks as we aim to run them in conjunction with school terms. The next Eagles course (Eagles 14) is a 4 week course which begins on 4th February and will run until 26th February.
- 1 hour lesson each week under the guidance of the qualified Source coaches
- Hire equipment, including BMXs, Skateboards, helmets and a selection of pads
- A free 2 hour session (in the form of a register behind the shop counter) to be used between each coaching session, to come down and practice what you have learnt in your lesson
- Free Eagles coaching tee
- The last coaching course in the term will get the opportunity to take part in our free Eagles Jam
Due to popular demand, we have now opened up a 2nd day of coaching on a Tuesday for both Skateboard and BMX. The sessions we have on offer are 4-5pm, 5-6pm or 6-7pm and these are of mixed ability and ages so perfect for beginners and the more experienced alike. The ages of our current 'Eagles' range from 3 to 16 years old so all are welcome, all we ask is that before they start they are relatively confident riding a bike or have had a go at pushing along on a skateboard.
To get booked on to the next coaching block, fill out the form below and you will be contacted to confirm a spot.
A block of Eagles coaching currently works out at £12.50 a session, so a 4 week block will be £50 which would need to be paid prior to the first session to confirm your spot.
1-2-1 BMX AND SKATEBOARD COACHING
We now offer 1-2-1 or small group coaching which are taught by our qualified coaches. These lessons are ideal for those who are over the age of 16, who cannot make Eagles coaching, or who are coming from afar. They also give an intensive introduction into riding the skate park and skate park etiquette so are perfect for beginners.
DATES & TIMES
These lesson run along side public session so we aim book them during quieter sessions so as to provide the best experience of the park as possible.
- Tuesday to Friday from 2pm - 10pm
- Saturdays from 4pm - 10pm
- Sundays from 4pm - 8pm
- 1 or 2 hour lesson with one of the qualified Source coaches.
- Hire equipment, including BMXs, Skateboards, helmets and a selection of pads.
- A free session wristband for a 2 hour session and free hire voucher which can be redeemed at any future date (subject to time table)
CURRENT 1-2-1 PRICES
- £35 per 1 hour session for one person
- £50 per 2 hour session for one person
- £55 per 1 hour session for two persons
- £70 per 2 hour session for two persons
- £75 per 1 hour session for three persons
- £90 per 2 hour session for three persons
- £95 per 1 hour session for four persons
- £110 per 2 hour session for four persons
Gift vouchers are available if you would like to give this as a gift…
What are the pre-requirements necessary to attend these courses?
The BMX rider must already be able to stand up and pedal a BMX bike. No particular pre-requirements are necessary to attend the skateboarding course.
What is included in the hire of the equipment?
The hire equipment include boards, bikes, helmets and pads (there are various sizes according to participants needs). If you have your own equipment, please bring it along – one of our coaches will inspect to make sure all equipment is park safe and suitable.
Is it mandatory wearing a helmet?
Wearing a helmet is mandatory during the coaching activities
When can I use my free sessions?
The free session can be used on all sessions week days and weekends. Eagles participants get one free session each week and this must be used in the week/end between each coaching session. They cannot be passed over onto another week as they are there for the participant to practice what they have learnt before their next coaching session. 1-2-1 participants will receive a free session wrist band and free hire voucher which can be redeemed at any future date (subject to time table).
HOW TO BOOK
If you are interested in being put on the waiting list for Eagles coaching or would like to book a 1-2-1, please complete the application form below, giving as much information as possible. Or, give us a call on 07943 631084.
For those interested in 1-2-1's, you will be contacted to confirm one of the dates and times you have asked for and to make payment. Eagles applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt email and will then be contacted once a space is available on the next coaching course.
Explore the Source Park
Don't miss a thing, subscribe to our newsletter!